The SN74HC165N is a neat little IC that will take an input of up to 8 parallel lines and produce a single, serial output. I rsquo;s a great way to increase the number of inputs on a microcontroller.
This breakout makes it easy to prototype using the 74HC165 by breaking out all of the pins you need to standard 0.1" spaced headers. W rsquo;ve also lined up the data and power pins so that you can easily make chains of them and expand the number of outputs under your control!
This chip works with a voltage supply anywhere in the range of 2-6VDC, and at clock frequencies of up to 29MHz (@6VDC).
- Wide Operating Voltage Range of 2 V to 6 V
- Parallel-to-Serial Data Conversion
- Outputs Can Drive Up To 10 LSTTL Loads
- Low Power Consumption, 80-µA Max ICC
- ±4mA Output Drive at 5 V
- Low Input Current of 1 µA Max
- Complementary Outputs
- Direct Overriding Load (Data) Inputs
- Gated Clock Inputs
- 0.1" Spaced Headers