The USB to RS485 converter is an intelligent module that connects to a PC USB port, including a Raspberry Pi, and provides an asynchronous high-speed RS-485 serial connection. The USB RS485 converter offers a simple link between the PC and standard communication ports, requiring no reconfiguration of the PC, IRQ assignments, or jumper settings. The USB to RS485 converter module is a cost-effective way to convert RS485 industrial buses into a USB interface.
When connected to a PC USB port, the USB to RS485 converter module is automatically detected and installed as a native COM port compatible with any existing serial communication application. When using USB hubs, multiple modules can be installed, allowing easy configuration of a multi-serial system. It can be used in smart home control, access control systems, industrial automation, etc.
Plug and play as drivers are pre-installed on most operating systems (including Raspberry Pi).
- Interface: USB
- No external power supply required, USB powered
- Fully USB 2.0 compatible
- USB CH340 chipset
- Support systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Linux, MacOS, and WinCE5.0
- Supports baud rate range: 75 bps - 115200 bps, up to 6 Mbps
- Supports Plug, Play, and Hot-Swap (USB side)
- Communication distance: 1200m (max)